Sunday 12 January 2014

One & Only

Goodreads Summary
One night they can't forget...

Tess McMann lives her life according to the secrets she's sworn to keep: the father who won't acknowledge her, the sister who doesn't know she exists, and the mother who's content playing mistress to a prominent businessman. When she meets the distractingly cute Dylan Kingsley at a prestigious summer program and falls in love, Tess allows herself to imagine a life beyond these secrets. But when summer ends, so does their relationship -- Dylan heads off to Canton College while Tess enrolls at the state university.

One love they can't ignore...

Two years later, a scholarship brings Tess to Canton and back into Dylan's life. Their attraction is as strong as ever, but Dylan has a girlfriend…who also happens to be Tess's legitimate half-sister. Tess refuses to follow in her mother's footsteps, which leaves her only one choice: break the rules she’s always followed, or allow Dylan to slip away for a second time.

...And only one chance to get things right.


What Did I Think?
I loved this book! Tess was such a  breath of fresh air. I am so used to female characters that are weak in a way or kind of stupid, but Tess was definitely neither. She knew she wanted to do well academically and she did. She knew she had to keep it all together (her life) and she did the best humanly possible. If I were in her shoes I would have handled it different; I wouldn't have been as mature. I would have told my dad where to stuff it, but I am glad she didn't.

If you like a good contemporary read then read this!

  photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment