Sunday 5 January 2014

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon 9.0

I am excited to be doing my first read-a-thon! I have no idea how many books I will be able to get through, but I figured I would give it a shot. 

Bout of Books
Official blurb from Bout of Books:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.   - From the Bout of Books team
Time Devoted to Reading
I will be reading any chance I get. I still have to work four days a week, but I still have mornings and evenings to read. I will also be reading a lot on my days off.
My Goals
I will attempt to finish 5 books. I've never really thought about how many books I read in a week, so this may be a high or a low number. No idea. If I do better than that then great.  Wish me luck. :)
 Books to Read
  • The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa 
  • The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  • Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa  (novella)
  • Ash's Letter to Meghan by Julie Kagawa  (novella)
  • The Iron King by Julie Kagawa   
  • The Iron Fey Valentine by Julie Kagawa (novella)
  • Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa (novella)   
I can't force myself to read this anymore. I am just not a fan of this series. Sorry. I will be moving on to...
  • The Archived by Victoria Schwab
  • Wake by Lisa McMann
  • Fade by Lisa McMann 
  • Gone by Lisa McMann 
  • Cabel's Story (novella) by Lisa McMann 
  • Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
  • Unsouled by Neal Shusterman
  • Marley and Me by John Grogan
  • Wither by Lauren DeStefano 
Updates:
Monday
Number of pages I’ve read today: 81; 118 =199
Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books read: The Iron Daughter; The Archived -didn't finish either
Tuesday
Number of pages I’ve read today: 148; 408=556
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books read: The Archived; Wake -finished both

Wednesday
Number of pages I’ve read today: 281
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books read: Fade; Gone -finished both
Thursday
Number of pages I’ve read today: 14; 383=397
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books read: Caleb's Story; Just Listen -finished both
 Friday
Number of pages I’ve read today: 290
Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books read: Wither- didn't finish

Saturday
Number of pages I’ve read today: 68; I hit a book slump.
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Books read: Wither -finished it

Sunday
Number of pages I’ve read today: 264; 73
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Books read: One & Only -finished it
Final Tally: I read 7 books, 1 novella, and 2, 128 pages!!
 *different books are separated by semi colons

No comments:

Post a Comment