Saturday 31 May 2014

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

Goodreads Summary
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.


My Thoughts
I loved loved loved this book! I think I might have enjoyed it even more if I had read it, but sadly I decided to use the audiobook instead. The audiobook drove me crazy. The woman read a lot slower than I would have and I was unsure if speeding it up was possible. I did enjoy all the voices she made for the different characters though.  

Speaking of characters, I adored Cress. Her age was hard to pin down (what with her being stuck in a satellite for so long), but I assume she was around 17. The audiobook made her sound 12, but I don't think she was that young. She did have a childlike innocence though which was endearing. Her innocence never bothered me, it made sense. Her seclusion in space made her psychologically younger in a way. 

Captain Thorne has more of a role in this book and I enjoyed that. He interacts with Cress a lot in this one and you get to see a different side to him than you did in Scarlett. He's sweet and oddly modest...at times. He'll never be completely modest; he's too much of a narcissist for that. He brought out some strength in Cress that she didn't know she had. She changed him for the better too. 

I was glad that one character wasn't in this book as much as the last though. I won't mention who, because that gives away a big plot change, but I don't think many readers missed them. I think they will have a big part in Winter though. 


I am really enjoying this series and I cannot wait for Winter next year!
 photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment