Tuesday 7 April 2015

Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle #2)

Goodreads Summary
 Life is almost back to normal for Harper Price. The Ephors have been silent after their deadly attack at Cotillion months ago, and best friend Bee has returned after a mysterious disappearance. Now Harper can return her focus to the important things in life: school, canoodling with David, her nemesis-turned-ward-slash-boyfie, and even competing in the Miss Pine Grove pageant.

Unfortunately, supernatural chores are never done. The Ephors have decided they’d rather train David than kill him. The catch: Harper has to come along for the ride, but she can’t stay David’s Paladin unless she undergoes an ancient trial that will either kill her . . . or connect her to David for life.

My Thoughts
Oh yeah I found this out in the wild early...like late March early so I decided to read it asap.

I hate this book cover. Compared to Rebel Belle's this looks tacky and really not pretty. I wish this cover was simple like the Rebel Belle, one but alas it isn't.

This didn't exactly go in the direction I thought it was going after the first book, but I didn't really mind. Harper, David, Ryan, and Bee are all back for the action and just trying to keep each other safe about six months after cotillion. Some relationships develop and some break apart making their bond a little awkward given their supernatural roles. What do you expect? They're teenagers with no adult role models for this kind of thing.

I missed some of the wit that was in the first book. I didn't find this one as funny, but some of the situations they got themselves into were rather entertaining. Baton twirling, frat parties, ugly unitards...that kind of thing. 

The ending didn't feel finished to me. I am hoping there will be a book #3 to help with the ending of this one, but there doesn't seem to be plans for that as of now.

This comes out today!!
 photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment