Thursday 19 February 2015

The Red Queen (Red Queen Trilogy #1)

Goodreads Summary

The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?


My Thoughts

Wow!

To say that I am shocked by how much I liked this is an understatement. I thought that this would just be another fantasy book, but it was so much more. In my opinion, this is in the same league as Sarah J Maas' work. 

Mare is a young woman terrified about being sent to war with her best friend. In a chance encounter with a stranger she gets a job at the palace which leads to secrets being revealed and her life changing forever. I love how she took everything in stride. She wasn't quick to trust the silvers because she's spent her whole life under their cruel rule. Those she did trust made her a stronger person. Cal, the oldest prince, taught her about love and honour. Maven, the younger prince, challenged her in ways she never expected. Julian (my personal favourite) was her teacher and he taught her to use her abilities and to trust no one.

Although I did guess the major spoiler, I found this to be a really exciting read. I knew what was going to happen, but I was still really intrigued to see how it would play out. 

I can't wait for the second book! Check this one out!! 

 photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment