Thursday 24 July 2014

Pound of Flesh

It is no secret that I am a fan fiction reader.  It came into my life in my early 20s and from the first chapter of the first fic I read, I was hooked. I read dozens and dozens of Twilight stories and Sophie Jackson's Pound of Flesh was by far my favourite.

Unlike other fics that were turned into books, this is a MUST READ. Sophie Jackson understands her characters better than most published authors. This story was unique and dynamic. These are complex characters dealing with complex issues and she wrote them beautifully. Back in 2010,
(when the story was being written) this kept me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't wait for updates to arrive. I would stop everything I was doing in order to get my PoF fix.

I think Lorella Belli from the Lorella Belli Literary Agency described this book perfectly,
Sophie has created characters and a romance that haunts you long after you put the book down. It is a story that simply connects with people and proves utterly addictive - a collision of touching coming-of-age story, moral dilemmas, great plot twists, hot sex scenes and revenge, it will appeal to readers of New Adult fiction as well as of those of contemporary women’s fiction.
I could not be happier for Sophie because it was recently announced that Pound of Flesh will be made into a trilogy. No one deserves this more than her. Not only is the story incredible, but she is too.

Is it the summer of 2015 yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment